The Internet is an essential part of your business marketing strategy. When interested would-be customers make a local search for products or services in the industry you work in, you want them to see your company name as one of the top search results. Proper SEO (search engine optimization) is key to keeping your website high in search results. However, SEO is not an unchanging thing. The search algorithm is always being updated, and SEO methods must constantly change to keep up with these updates and modifications. The following SEO trends are ones to keep in mind as you update your strategy and approach to SEO.
SEO Trends To Use For Your Marketing Strategy
- Demonstrate First-Hand Expertise: this SEO trend relates to the nature of the content you place on your website and social media platforms. You should ensure the content you produce for your website is information you have knowledge of and is also related to your company, its products, and its brand. You should always verify that any writers you hire for your site have the proper background and knowledge of the topics you are asking them to cover. You should avoid writing outside the company’s niche or your specific areas of knowledge.
- Use of Video: with high-speed internet readily available and modern smartphones offering fast connections, much of the modern internet makes use of video. This includes purchases as well as many consumers making use of video to help guide their purchasing choices. You can take advantage of this SEO trend by adding videos and clips to your website to improve search engine results and drive traffic. Also, make use of markups to label your videos and indicate what the topic is.
- Loading Speed: your website should be designed to load fast and be accessible on all forms of internet-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets, and computers. Several online tools test the speed of your website and provide information on how to improve it. Redesigning old websites to make use of modern formatting and hiring outside professionals for website design can help improve the speed of your company website.
- Images: to improve SEO, your website’s images have to be properly optimized. Image optimization includes making use of current formats, compressing your image files, naming images with keywords and correction descriptions, and making use of unique alt text for each image.
- Be Mobile Friendly: smartphones are more widely used than ever and your website has to be designed to work not only on computers but on portable devices as well. Responsive design ensures websites work well no matter what type of device the visitor is using. As many of your visitors may use their smartphones as their key way of accessing online information, being optimized for smartphones is critical.
- Content That Places The Reader First: the content published on your website should not be focused on solely increasing your search engine rankings. The content on your site should be written for your visitors and provide value. You can improve your content by not overusing keywords and making sure each piece is written by a person and not generated by AI or other forms of automation. Content should strive to answer the common questions your visitors have, be formatted for readability, and show knowledge of the topic.
A high ranking in search results is one of the most important steps in ensuring those interested in your services find your company’s website. Without proper SEO, your website can fall in the search results, which negatively impacts the number of visitors who see your website. Many internet users look for the first website that fits their needs and often don’t look at the second page. With SEO, your website is near the top of the list where it can be seen.