We at WebFactory believe that every site or blog should start with a coming soon page. Yes, that’s right; even if you haven’t started building the actual site that you want to show off to the public, you should start with a simple page that will act as a placeholder. So, instead of sitting in the dark and worrying about the first visitors who may see the unfinished work or an empty white space that should be your site, why not show them a beautiful coming soon page? Why not allow people to get in touch and admire your first video or product? Why not connect on social media during the time?
Things don’t have to be complicated
Although a coming soon page is usually simple, even the best of WordPress users would take hours (if not days) to make that page pixel-perfect. It takes time to design everything, match the colors and we don’t want even to start jabbering about the time you need for programming all the functionalities you may need. Do you even know how to connect MailChimp or Zapier via code? How do you even start coding things like secret access links? Do you know what it takes to whitelist specific users or URLs?
We know this can be hard and time-consuming, so we created everything for you. With the UnderConstructionPage plugin, you can have a coming soon, under construction or any landing page done in minutes! We prepared a drag&drop editor for you so you can actually enjoy designing your first page. So, instead of pulling your hair out because the settings didn’t work out the way you expected, you can focus on choosing one of 100+ templates we prepared or change a background image to any of free 400,000 pieces we embedded.
Who is behind all this?
UnderConstructionPage is managed, developed, supported and sold by WebFactory Ltd. We specialize in WordPress, so things like WordPress themes, plugins, custom projects and SaaSes aren’t strange to us.
Since the summer of 2009, we made over a hundred plugins, and we really love what we do! Most of the WordPress extensions can be found on CodeCanyon and WordPress.org. We take great pride in all of our plugins and continuously make them better by adding new features and ironing out various functionalities and GUI details. So, whether it’s a free version of the plugin in the repository or the premium one you can always upgrade to, you can always expect the plugins to be up to date and ready for new technologies.
We are always working on new ideas and starting new projects, so you can expect the number of different extensions to rise up. While you’re reading this, we have our sleeves rolled up and working on something new.
A brief history
It takes time to develop a good WordPress plugin. It takes even more time to get recognized and loved by users. The UnderConstructionPage plugin isn’t one of the exceptions that became popular overnight; it grew steadily from the first day and continued to do so as evidenced by the timeline.
January 12h, 2013
- UCP was uploaded to the WP repo for the first time
- Nitin Maurya the original developer maintained it for the next 3 years
September 5th, 2016
- WebFactory took over development
- the plugin had less than 10,000 installations
November 29th, 2016
- we had more than 20,000 installations
- crossed 100,000k downloads
- a new version of the plugin was released every Monday
January 3rd, 2017
- passed 30,000 installations
- features lock achieved – keeping things simple!
February 6th, 2017
- gained momentum for +10k /month and kept it for +6 months
- passed 40,000 installations
March 2nd, 2017
- passed 50,000 installations milestone
- ran the first in-plugin survey, 2,000 people answered – they want drag&drop and leads generating functionality
April 3rd, 2017
- passed 60k installations
- still adding new themes (17 themes available at the moment)
May 7th, 2017
- passed 70,000 installations
- more 300,000 downloads
- haven’t had a bug report in months
June 7th, 2017
- passed 80,000 installs
- the plugin gets updated twice per month
July 8th, 2017
- we had more than 90,000 installs
- the second in-plugin survey shows users love our funny, cartoonish designs, but would also like to see photograph-based designs
August 5th, 2017
- passed 100k installs
- more than 515,000 downloads
- the third in-plugin survey shows people prefer MailChimp way above any other mailing service – 17 times (!?) more than the second runner GetResponse
November 22nd, 2017
- we started translating the plugin
May 5th, 2018
- we crossed the 1 million downloads mark
March 23rd, 2018
- we reached 200,000 active installations
January 18th, 2019
- we reached 300,000 active installations; that’s an extra 100k in about 10 months